ADOPTABLE TERMS OF SERVICE
- By purchasing an adopt you obtain partial rights to use the artwork & design for personal use only.
- Artist retains copyright to the original artwork, and may repost the original artwork for promotional purposes. Artist will not resell or redistribute the design, nor recycle the design for commercial or personal projects.
- Commercial use in any way is not permitted (except for reselling the adopt, as outlined in the Trading Policy).
- You may use the adoptable for all the normal stuff you would normally do with adopts (commissioning art, drawing it, rp, layout & design, avatars, etc.), so long as you are not making a profit from it.
- Buyer may not take credit for the original artwork and design.
- If you're reposting the original artwork, please credit the artist (thanatosrising), however if you are posting derivatives (e.g. your own artwork, commissions, etc.), it is not necessary to do so though still appreciated.
- Remember to save any files I send you if you would like to keep them, as I cannot host them indefinitely for you.
- Payment is USD via Paypal only.
- Holds are not available.
- Once you comment to purchase an adopt, I will request your e-mail via a note. An invoice will be sent to the e-mail provided, which you can use to pay.
- Payment must be made within 24 hours of the invoice being sent. If payment is not received, the adopt will be put back up for sale.
- There are no refunds for purchased adopts. If a charge back is made, your rights to the design will be revoked, you will be blacklisted, and the adoptable will go back up for sale. (I will make sure it is known that it is a resale, for those that are uncomfortable buying an adopt under such circumstances.)
- The owner may gift or trade an adopt.
- Additional artwork may only be added to the value if permitted by the artists who were commissioned for it.
- Please inform me if ownership if the adopt changes hands so that I may update my records. When you sell it, please link this TOS to the purchaser as well.
- Buyer may only make minor edits to the original artwork.
- You may edit the design as you see fit, but please don't change the design to make it unrecognizable.
- You may change the gender & choose the pronouns.
- You're free to ignore the associated RPG stats that come with your adopt, or you may incorporate them into your adopts personality.
- Default names are merely a designation and may be changed as well.
Upon purchase of an adoptable from me, you will receive the following. This only applies to myself and the original purchaser, and does no apply to resales between the purchaser and a third party:
- High-res, non-watermarked copy of your design with transparent background.
- Low-res, non-watermarked display copy of your design, including RPG stats & and thematic background.
- A low-res set set of work in progress images, including multiple test colour schemes (flat colours only, no shading).
- The option to name your adopt, and a free edit to the display image that reflects the new name instead of the original designation.
- An optional, one time, free of charge offer to edit the skin colour at the time of purchase. Keep in mind that if you choose to change the skin colour, you will not receive both versions, only the new edited version.
- While it is not required of you to do so, buyers that share any artwork they draw or commission with me will get to have their art featured in a DeviantArt journal.
By purchasing an adopt, you confirm that you have read and agree with the above terms.